The original bank opened its doors to the public in 1943 as the Commercial State Bank in Hoskins, Nebraska. It soon became a strong force in Northeast Nebraska banking and would later find it necessary to expand. A loan production office was opened in 1990 in Norfolk, Nebraska. To meet the growing demands of the public, Elkhorn Valley Bank was chartered in 1993 as a full-service bank. Commercial State Bank and Elkhorn Valley Bank merged in 1997 to form what is now known as Elkhorn Valley Bank & Trust Co.
The facility located at 800 West Benjamin Avenue in Norfolk was completed in July 1997 and now serves as the headquarters for the growing institution. As the demand for more locations increased, more branches were built. In April 2000, we unveiled our new bank located at 1010 Omaha Avenue. Soon thereafter, another location opened inside the HyVee East grocery store. This location allows our clients convenience and extended business hours. To support our wide growth in Northeast Nebraska, we added a full-service branch in Pierce in October 2004 and a full-service branch at 2401 Taylor Avenue in April 2005. Our most recent branch addition, which opened in August 2008, is located inside the HyVee West grocery store.